Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New Welcome Mat

It is little and has lots of white walls, but they are my walls. It has four little chairs, around a round little table. The couch doesn't really match but it is a couch. My grandmothers quilt hangs making everything taste like home.

It is quiet and just right! It is the realization that i am all grown. It is my very first apartment.

Today was amazing!!! I got to hangout with my new roommate all day.. speeding down the road in search for the best and cheapest decorations to cover those white walls. Feeling the complete satisfaction of not breaking our checkbooks (or visas) at Ikea and squealing like little kids as we raced into our apartment just wanting it to be all done.

Then i went to a friends house and spent a couple hours hanging out with some random people. It felt really good.. because i feel different. I actually cared about the lives of others and how they were spending them. i talked to this random guy who i had met a few times last year and had a great time listening to where he was going in life. It is so awesome to feel comfortable enough to just talk with someone you don't know. FUN FUN FUN.

I am really excited about this year and can't wait to get back into the steam of things. Though tomorrow is the start of training.. which means no freedom, i am really trying to have a great outlook and positive attitude.

Love is the theme of this next year for my life!

So as i sit in this really cute new apartment.. it is like stepping into a whole new Independence and way of life. I am really jazzed to see where God takes me and what he does in my life.

- SHY:)

No comments: